We would like to thank Cherilyn from All things Vegan sg for allowing us to steal her wonderful sweet treat recipes to share will all our Nilufer Tea Blog readers! Cherilyn is a vegan living in Singapore and is very passionate about veganism and would like to share the love with everyone ?
Check out her blog to learn more about the Vegan lifestyle and learn more about how Vegans in Singapore are doing it!
Healthy and delicious Vegan Unicorn Cupcakes and Pancakes Recipes
So lately I've been seeing so many unicorn cupcakes on social media and I decided to try making some hella cute cupcakes as well. Click on to view how to make these little unicorn ? cupcakes!
Unicorn Cupcakes ?
Prep time: 1hour Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
Vanilla Sprinkled Cupcakes
- 1 cup non-dairy milk + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cups rainbow sprinkles
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 color gel
View Cupcake Jemma's video here.
For the cupcakes:
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius.
2. Add the apple cider vinegar to the non-dairy milk. leave it to curdle.
3. Add softened butter to a large mixing bowl and cream with a mixer. Add sugar and vanilla and beat until combined and fluffy.
4. Sift over the butter and sugar mixture alternating with the milk mixture. Blend until no lumps are present.
5. Add sprinkles and use a wooden spoon to carefully mix the sprinkles into the batter. OR use a spatula to fold it in.
6. Place the batter into 15 cupcake holders.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
For the frosting:
1. Cream the butter until creamy and light in colour.
2. Sift in the icing sugar and add in the vanilla extract.
3. Divide the batter into 4 separate bowls and add in food gel. ( each colour for each bowl )
4. Use a cling wrap and lay it out.
5. Place strips of the different coloured icing onto the cling wrap and roll it up.
Refer to cupcake Jemma's youtube video on unicorn cupcakes to learn how to do the icing and the decorations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW6nIhcNDbs
WHOLEWHEAT BANANA PANCAKES
This recipe for pancakes is absolutely amazing. They make the perfect breakfast if you are craving for something warm and sweet. It is simple and very yummy. It can be made really quickly so time isn't a problem at all! I personally love these pancakes as they are super easy to make and satisfies my taste buds. So here they are!
Remember, if you do make them, please tag me on Instagram@cherealkiller! I would love to see those delicious pancakes that you have made. I have a video posted on youtube here.
Prep time: 15 mins Cooking time: 10 mins
- 300ml of unsweetened soya milk
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (plus more to serve)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 120g wholemeal flour
- 45g buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Coconut oil used to cook the pancakes
- 80g walnuts or any nuts to your liking (optional)
- 150g fresh mixed berries (optional)
- Warm 60ml of soya milk in the microwave or in a small pan over medium-high heat.
- Place the flax meal in a bowl, add the warmed milk, stir well, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the apple cider vinegar into the remaining soya milk and set aside to thicken and curdle.
- In another small bowl, mash the banana with the brown sugar, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.
- Whisk in the flax mixture, curdled soya milk into the banana mixture and blend well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wholemeal flour, buckwheat flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in the wet ingredients until just combined and fold in the nuts (optional). The mixture should have a thick consistency.
- Heat a frying pan or a cast iron griddle over medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles and evaporates immediately.
- Lightly oil the griddle and drop scoops of batter to your liking. Cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes. Carefully flip the pancakes and cook further for about 1.5 mins. Grease the pan a little between each batch to prevent sticking.
- Serve the pancakes with maple syrup and berries (optional)