Sick of sipping on the same old cup of flower tea every afternoon? Spice teatime up a notch by letting it melt into happy hour - infuse your cup of quality tea with a punch of alcohol. By combining two of your favourite beverages together, you can create your own easy DIY cocktails at home for a beverage fit for a party.
The beauty of quality tea cocktails is that you can always customize cocktails according to your preference of the day, and experiment with the different flavors that flower tea, organic green tea and organic black tea can bring out. Rest assured that quality tea is the best mixer ever - its neutral taste allows it to pick up the flavor of herbs and fruits quickly, it contains no sugar, and is also heart-friendly. Here are 5 delicious, easy DIY cocktails you can make at home to give teatime a whole new meaning.
Rose Tea Martini
On days when your special someone is coming to visit, a glass of rose tea martini will do the trick. This cocktail is fruity and flirty with floral notes, and is the perfect addition to a romantic evening at home. Here’s how it’s done:
- Pour one cup of vodka into a container and add a bag of rose tea. Let it refrigerate overnight.
- Chop up some fresh mint leaves and set aside.
- Prepare 1.5 ounces of pomegranate juice, 1.5 ounces of rose tea-infused vodka and 0.5 ounces of sweet wine (e.g. Vermouth).
- Using a shaker, shake the pomegranate juice, rose tea-infused vodka, sweet wine, chopped mint leaves and ice. Pour into a cocktail glass and enjoy!
P.S. Feel free to replace rose tea with any other flower tea such as lavender or hibiscus tea according to your preference.
Organic Green Tea Mint Juleps
A sip of this organic green tea mint julep feels like a dive in an icy cold pool on a sweltering hot day. The slight bitter taste of organic green tea mixes well with the smoothness of bourbon and refreshing mint, making this the perfect, easy DIY cocktails for both day and night. Be sure to use quality tea to obtain the best flavor!
- Brew a cup of organic green tea.
- Smash the mint leaves together with 2 tablespoons of sugar, until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, then add in ½ a cup of bourbon whisky and the cup of organic green tea.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve to extract the smashed mint leaves.
- Add ice and garnish with a few lemon slices and mint leaves, then serve.
Organic Black Tea Cider Cocktails
This organic black tea and thyme cider cocktail is yet another recipe to add to your list of easy DIY cocktails. This comforting cocktail can be served both warm or chilled, depending on your preference (and also the weather).
- Brew a cup of organic black tea and refrigerate.
- Prepare 4 ounces of bourbon, 1 cup of lemon juice, 1 cup of apple cider and ice.
- Add the bourbon, lemon juice, ice and organic black tea into a shaker and shake well.
- Divide the cocktail into glasses, garnish with lemon and serve.
Chamomile Tea Honey Bourbon
The earthy taste of chamomile tea combined with bourbon and a hint of honey makes for a relaxed drink perfect for days in the pool or with a book. This easy DIY cocktails only requires 4 ingredients, and is easy to whip up anytime you feel like it. If you’re not a fan of chamomile tea, any other flower tea works as well such as the floral blossom tea from Nilufer.
- Prepare a cup of steaming chamomile tea.
- Add 4 tablespoons of honey and 3 ounces of bourbon to the cup and let it steep.
- Pour over a few glasses of ice and serve.
Herbal Fruit Tea Cocktail
This fun, herbal fruit tea cocktail is the perfect twist to your usual cup of iced herbal fruit tea, adding some excitement into your day.
- Brew 2 cups of your favorite herbal fruit tea.
- Prepare 1 cup of lemonade, 1 cup of pineapple juice, 1 cup of orange juice and 1.5 cups of rum.
- Mix all the ingredients with the herbal fruit tea and stir well.
- Pour over ice and garnish with fresh fruit.
Although tea might have a prim and proper reputation, there’s no saying that it can’t be played up and added to a cocktail; be sure to use the following 5 fresh herb cocktail ideas on special occasions such as parties to wow your guests.